Marriage -the only war in which you sleep with the enemy

Chitrangi Sharma's Blog's #divanextdoor#
As funny as this statement sounds but I sometimes feel it is true to the core. “Marriage” the word itself is very scary. And as for me it was such an unusual institution. I always use to wonder how anyone could be expected to spend her whole life with a single person. From the time I started to understand the meaning of companionship I just couldn’t bring myself in terms with marriage specially arranged marriage. I know it might sound very immature but how could you leave your house your parents, your friends, your lifestyle and expected to be perfect in a go after marriage. You are not even allowed to choose the kind of clothes you wear. I mean who the hell made sari our national garment for women. Trust me it is one of the most uncomfortable pieces of attire anyone could ever wear. I wonder how our mothers wear it with such ease. And I have heard people say you get use to it after some time. Why do we make our life so uncomfortable and complicated? And then you are expected to do all household tasks with super perfection. I never got it what difference would it make to add milk first and then water in the tea or whatsoever. Is this a big crime? I feel even all these engineering and science course would be easier than this technical cooking course. They should start a course “Bachelors in Home management” and if there would be any such course then also no matter even if you have topped it you can’t ever satisfy your in laws. And in some cases they even change your name because of some god knows astrological reasons. I mean just imagine you are expected to change your identity even after completing 25 years of your life. Even if you want to go and meet your parents you need to ask permission from your in laws. What kind of regulation is this? And most of all you are expected to sleep with a stranger. Since our childhood we specially the girls are taught not to fall in love as it is a bad thing. Thinking about kissing someone and even holding hands could be a big crime. And then we are instructed to sleep with a guy on the very first day of our marriage and that too with full fledged declaration. Sometimes I feel there isn’t much difference between a one night stand and our so called “golden night”. I know marriage has its pros as well but I am so much terrorized by its cons that I could barely think about them. I read this quote somewhere and found it appropriate to end my blog. “My wife and I were happy for 25 years and then we met each other.LOL”